There are several natural essential oils that can be effective in killing dust mites , as can the chemical compound benzyl benzoate. Here are some examples :
- Tea tree essential oil has been evaluated against mites responsible for scabies and demodicosis, with interesting results
- Citronella and tea tree essential oil are as effective as 0.5% benzyl benzoate
- The essential oil of clove, cinnamon leaf, bay leaf, and palo santo have shown some effectiveness against various livestock mites
- True lavender essential oil, in addition to being soothing, has antiseptic and antiparasitic properties that can help fight mites
- The essential oil of Siebold's asaret, cade, horseradish and basil have been tested in fumigation against mites on bedding and carpets, with effectiveness linked to their concentration of methyl eugenol
To use these essential oils against dust mites , you can dilute them in water or modified alcohol and spray them on surfaces where dust mites are present, such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, or carpets . Be sure to shake well before use and leave to rest for an hour before returning. You can then vacuum to remove dead mites which are always a source of allergies.
You can find these essential oil by clicking here.
I hope this information helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.😊
The Protech Allergies team